MONOFERRIC is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Patients who are hypersensitive to this drug or to any ingredient in the formulation, including any non-medicinal ingredient, or component of the container. For a complete listing, see 6 DOSAGE FORMS, STRENGTHS, COMPOSITION AND PACKAGING.
- Patients who are hypersensitive to this drug or any of the excipients. For a complete listing, see DOSAGE FORMS, COMPOSITION AND PACKAGING
- Known serious hypersensitivity to other parenteral iron products
- Non-iron deficiency anaemia (e.g. hemolytic anaemia)
- Iron overload or disturbances in utilization of iron (e.g. hemochromatosis, hemosiderosis)
- Decompensated liver cirrhosis or active hepatitis